Monday 23 September 2013

Chapter 10 - A Birth, and a Birthday!


Life had continued at a slow pace for Laura and Garrett. Garrett had learned how to walk and talk, and was well on the way to being potty trained, and Laura was ever closer to giving birth to her second child. She hadn't seen the father since the night she had become pregnant, and that suited her fine. Laura had once again sent a letter to Isaac to see if he would be joining her for Garrett's birthday, knowing that it was only a matter of time before Garrett started to ask questions.
"This is mummy's sandwich, Garrett. You have been fed," Laura told her son, who was looking at the sandwich with hungry eyes.
"WANT!" Garrett told her, clapping his hands and giggling.
"My little greedy boy," Laura smiled, feeling the baby kick her as she took another bite, "Looks like your brother or sister thinks the same as you. I don't think I'll ever get peace again."
"Baby," Garrett repeated, still looking at the sandwich until Laura finished it. "Mine?" he added as Laura moved to place the dish in the sink.

A sharp pain shot through Laura, making her bend over in pain, gasping for breath.
"Mumma?" Garrett whimpered, seeing his mother doubled over in pain was unsettling for him.
"Mummy is fine, just a bit of pain," Laura told him, smiling through the pain. She knew it was time. The baby was coming and Laura had no one to look after Garrett. She couldn't take him with her, and as a last ditch attempt, she called for a babysitter.
"You be good for the baby sitter, and mummy will be back later with your new brother and sister," Laura then told Garrett, disappearing out of the door with a quick wave to Garrett before the taxi took her away to the hospital.


The ride there was uneventful, the contractions were getting closer and closer together and Laura was grateful that it was the same driver as what had driven her to the hospital when she was having Garrett. Rushing through the doors of the hospital, Laura was sent to the maternity ward, wondering if the father was going to make himself known to her by showing up. However, fate had something else in store for her, and no one showed up.

----

Meanwhile, back at the house, the babysitter had shown up and taken Garrett out of the walker Laura had left him in. Garrett started to feel funny, closing his eyes, and suddenly feeling the ground was much lower down than what he remembered. 


Garrett had aged into a child while Laura was at the hospital! The first thing Garrett did was sit down and learn about pregnancy, wanting to know what his mother was going through. He would have asked the babysitter, but she had disappeared after a few minutes of watching him and hadn't been seen since. He did feel left out, but Garrett knew his mother would be back soon, even if she was going to be tired.

---


Laura wearily left the hospital, her son, Ed Whitmore had been born in the early hours of the morning, just like what Garrett had been, and she just wanted to get him home, and see how Garrett was. She hoped that she wasn't too late to see the age transition, but deep down, she knew she had. Fate was against her, and fate seemed to always out to get her.
"Let's get you home then," Laura spoke quietly to the dozing baby, calling for a taxi and making her way back home.


"Well, every seems in order," Laura looked around the house, but didn't see Garrett anywhere. "We'll put you to bed so I can find where your brother is, and you'll meet him properly tomorrow."
Ed just cooed at her, his eyes closing as he fell asleep in her arms.
"My precious baby boy," Laura murmured, placing him into the crib and coming back into the living to room to find Garrett sat at the table reading again. "I missed your birthday? I am so sorry Garrett! I'll make it up to you, I promise."
"Mum, it doesn't matter, I know where you had to go, and I know why," Garrett told her, quick at silencing Laura's further attempts to speak. Laura sat at the table next to her, pushing the laptops screen up.
"I am still sorry though. What a lousy birthday for you," Laura mumbled, looking at her first born and then back at the laptop and pulling up her email.


Dear mum and dad.
It has been a while since we spoke and there have been some big changes.
You're grandparents! Surprise! You have two grandsons, Garrett and Ed. Garrett is a child, and Ed is a baby still.
I wish you were around, but I have to do this on my own. Give my love to the rest of the family, and I will email again soon.

Laura.

------

Well, that was hard to get out, and not to mention that my game wouldn't play nice for a few days. During this chapter I had a couple of stuck sims problems as well, first was Garrett in that silly walker and then Laura outside and in front of the mail box - in her underwear! managed to get a picture of the mail box one, but not the walker..
Yeah, don't mind me.. I'm stood in my front garden, in my underwear, while someone is jogging past... Ah glitches, don't you just love them!

2 comments:

gemly_teddie said...

Lol, glitches... Bain of my life.

I'm glad Garret understood why Laura couldn't be there, but it's a shame not even the babysitter stuck around! How rooood!

can't wait to see how ed looks, do you think we'll ever see the father?

Sorry about game issues! I know your feels :(

Nirar said...

How sad, that Harmon (I hope I remembered dad's name right, lol) didn't even show up at the hospital when his son was born! The babysitter didn't stick around either, but at least she has her two boys. Garrett seems very mature for his age, I'm sure he'll be a big help to his mother. =)

Post a Comment

 
;