Saturday 7 September 2013

Chapter 8 - Why are you my remedy?


Laura heard the doorbell go while she was trying to settle Garrett down for the night, succeeding in getting the wriggly baby into his blanket and to sleep in record time. Closing the door to Garrett's bedroom softly, Laura went to investigate who could be on her doorstep at that time of night. She peaked out of the window, seeing a blurry figure that looked suspiciously like Harmon stood on the porch.
"Harmon? What are you doing here?" she asked, not quite believing he was there still.
"I wanted to see you," Harmon told her, looking towards the ground when Laura snorted in disbelief.


"You wanted to see me now, while I'm trying to settle my son down for the night?" Laura hissed, "you have some nerve. Did you ever even think of me when you left me that night?"
"I did, Laura. I even got a proper job, that won't have me running off. I promise. I want to be in your life, if you'll have me?" Harmon did sound very apologetic, and Laura nearly invited him to move in there and then. The only thing stopping her being Garrett.
"We need to talk, do you want to come in?" Laura asked, sounding tired.


Harmon agreed, following her into the house and making a beeline to the guitar that was sat in the corner of the room.
"I didn't notice that the last time I was here," he sounded surprised, looking back at Laura for some explanation. Laura crossed her arms, unamused with the small talk.
"Did you come here for a reason, or to look at my guitar?" she asked, not caring if she sounded grumpy.
"I told you, I wanted to see you and apologise. I've been an ass to you recently, and I know I shouldn't have been. And for that, I'm sorry. I want to make this work, if you'll let us?" Harmon explained, giving her a half smile. Her heart melted, and it wasn't until a stifled cry from Garrett's room brought her back to her senses that she gave Harmon her answer.


"I need to think of my son. He is my main priority at the moment, I can't have someone else there distracting me from him, or my music. I'm sorry Harmon, I love you, but I can't be in a relationship right now," Laura sighed, keeping her distance from him.
"I understand, and I'm sorry for bringing it up. I have one more favour though, can I borrow your shower?" Harmon asked, already taking off his shirt, Laura nodded, staring at him not too subtly.
"Uh, sure... It's right through there," she murmured, pointing to the door that led to the bathroom.
"You know, you're welcome to join me," Harmon said, his trousers sliding down his hips as he walked. Laura closed her eyes and tried to keep her breathing under control, waiting until the door clicked shut.
"Do I do it? I just told him I didn't want a relationship... But he... But I..." Laura breathed, then snapping her head up and followed him into the bathroom.


The sound of running water and Harmon whistling filled the small bathroom, making it easy for Laura to silently take her clothing off and join him in the small cubical. No words were exchanged, they both knew what they were in there for. mouths found mouths, and soon Laura was pinned to the wall unable to move very far. Not that she cared, she put all her feelings into that one moment, savouring it before he disappeared again. The water ran cold just as they were finishing, and Laura leapt out of the shower in shock at the change in temperature and what she had just done.
"I think you should leave now," she told Harmon, seeing the hurt in his eyes as she said it.
"I know. I had hoped that it would be different. I know I've walked out on you a few times now, and you have the rights to send me away. Just remember, no matter what, I'll love you," Harmon told her, leaving Laura stood in the bathroom.
"Why does he do this to me?" she asked herself, battling with herself over running after him. Her heart won out in the end, catching him loitering on her porch again, and kissing him lightly.
"Remember me?" she asked, earning a small smile and a nod before she went back in.


Laura fell against the door, rubbing her face, "He's my poison... So why is he my remedy as well?"
Harmon stood at the bottom of the stairs, "She's my poison... But she's also my remedy."

----
After a week of my computer going "NOPE! Not letting you play! MWAHAHAHAHA!" (or you know.. something like that..) I got to play today and got a lot of pictures. And yes, Harmon actually turned up on her doorstep without me doing anything!
Also, I have seen what Garrett will look like when he gets older, and just wow...
Can't tell if he's more Laura or more Isaac, or a good mixture.

3 comments:

gemly_teddie said...

Who's Isaac?! :| Secret baby daddy?

Anyway, funny that both Harmon and Laura thought the same at the end there, and what a mistake in the shower! I hope Laura doesn't have to pay for that, if you know what I mean....

Harmon looks like he's trying! Shame it's destined to not work due to the rolls ;)

Yay for getting the computer to play ball! Or... Play sims :D

M said...

Isaac is Garrett's father. It was explained in chapter 7 if you're confused.

And while I never heard anything at the time, the next chapter is.. Interesting

Nirar said...

It's good that she is thinking of her son first, but I hope Harmon stays persistent, that should help let her know that he is serious about her.

I'm glad your computer let you play the game, it is so annoying when they do not, lol

Post a Comment

 
;